Using feeds in e-commerce can reduce logistics costs by allowing the automation of certain processes (billing, ordering etc.). stokkly features a full set of feed management tools allowing the automated management of every aspect of a sale.
What is a feed?
A feed is a type of Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) between two or more e-commerce sites or platforms. In concrete terms, this allows several e-commerce sites to share inventory or operate using the same warehouse, without the risk of interference.
In the same way, using feeds means you can create multiple supply chains, separately from the main channel, without this leading to interference or extra costs other than those linked to the set up the EDI system.
Thanks to the speed, reliability and efficiency with which feeds operate in managing sales, inventory levels and product returns, feeds contribute to a considerable time gain which in turn leads to increased productivity.
Advantages of using feeds
Setting up a feeds allows you firstly to centralise all the operations for your different online shops and secondly, to automate most of the operations which are usually carried out manually.
So, setting up a feeds between two platforms or e-commerce sites means:
- facilitating all commercial transactions
- reducing errors when a new sales order is received
- reducing supply chain costs
- reducing the response time for B2B and B2C clients
- increasing data accuracy
- integrating more partners, with greater ease
- creating multiple supply chains easily
- simplifying the management of stock and sales
In short, feeds mean simplicity, efficiency and reliable data leading to better productivity!
The stokkly feed manager
The stokkly feed manager lets you easily create new supply chains for selling your excess inventory.
Via the stokkly feed manager you can:
- create product catalogues specifically for your stokkly sales, without having to change your logistics processes (unified stock management, billing etc.)
- automate stock control
- set up new logistics flows
- configure prices, sales types and shipping terms, all of which can be different to those advertised on your e-commerce site.
In summary, the stokkly feed manager lets you create the equivalent of a new online shop for your overstock or excess inventory in just a few clicks, and what’s more, gives you the chance to target buyers according to a range of different criteria. This is obviously all done privately, allowing you to maximise your margins while reducing your costs.
Do you have specific questions about setting up a B2B e-commerce feed strategy? If so contact us or request a demo to find out how stokkly can help you optimize your excess inventory sales. You can also create your stokkly seller account now and start selling on stokkly right away.